Earn 30 credits toward your BSN from your RNRN-BSN
Why Choose Our Program?
Jacksonville University's (JU) highly flexible RN-BSN program is designed to help Registered Nurses earn an RN-BSN degree their way. JU has over 20 years of experience in offering highly-regarded nursing programs led by expert nursing faculty. The RN-BSN can be completed in as few as 9 months when completed full time, with pricing as low as $9,450.
- The Baccalaureate degree program in Nursing at Jacksonville University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Earn 30 credits toward your BSN from your RN license
- Take advantage of the partnerships JU maintains with healthcare industry leaders
- This program accepts applications through JU's Graduate Fast Application
VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSION
Request to watch a previous virtual information session. These sessions will allow you to learn more about our program, hear from faculty and understand the admissions process.
Increase your Earning PotentialRN-BSN Your Way
JU's RN-BSN program prepares you to take the next step in your career whether that be a promotion or graduate school. The RN-BSN program was designed for you to complete your way:
- Small classes provide you with individual attention
- Offered in a flexible format including 100% online or hybrid (in-person and online), convenient for working professionals
- Courses offered in 8-week flexible course formats that allow you to begin year-round and take terms off when you need it
- Part-time option available
- Work with an academic advisor throughout the program who will assist you with individualizing your program progression in a way that works for your schedule
About Our Program
Each student must meet the 120 credit hour requirement.
- 30 credit hours awarded for your RN license
- 60 core credit hours: AA or AS degree (additional credit hours may be required)
30 credits hours of BSN level nursing courses:
- NUR 352SI: Professional Nursing
- NUR 353: Information Management in Healthcare
- NUR 354WI: Evidence-Based Nursing
- NUR 357: A Conceptual Approach to Assessment and Pathophysiology for the Practicing Nurse Part I
- NUR 449: A Conceptual Approach to Assessment and Pathophysiology for the Practicing Nurse Part II
- NUR 452WI: Nursing Leadership and Health Care Policy
- NUR 453: Community-Focused Professional Nursing
- NUR 455: Advanced Acute Care Concepts
- **NUR 456: Application of Professional Nursing Concepts
*Nursing elective is optional and is reserved for those who need additional credit hours
**All courses must be completed before NUR 456
We also award 30 credit hours for possessing an active registered nursing license. Therefore, we will need to verify that students can transfer about 60 credit hours comprising of the BSN core courses and general education course.
- Total Nursing Credit Hours: 30
- Total Core Credit Hours: 60
- Credit Hours for RN License: 30
- Total Credit Hours for BSN Degree: 120
JU is working closely with SACSCOC, our accrediting body, to complete the standard accreditation process for our Palm Coast location. We anticipate approval in 2021.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- All unofficial transcripts from regionally accredited colleges & universities and any transcripts that reflect the student's completed nursing coursework & nursing degrees regardless of regional accreditation
The following may be requested of students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or below:
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7196